collapse

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Top PHK Posters

mackygoof mackygoof
1494 Posts
tonychel tonychel
899 Posts
kiddo_1980 kiddo_1980
517 Posts
pinoyhk pinoyhk
504 Posts
leoleo leoleo
438 Posts
PMM PMM
431 Posts
nagbago_nako nagbago_nako
353 Posts
JBY_HkgPny2
318 Posts
danny crawford danny crawford
228 Posts
Rowinms Rowinms
167 Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 3
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Child born in Hong Kong  (Read 1320 times)

mackygoof

• Global Moderator
  • Hanep Points 49
Re: Child born in Hong Kong
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 07:21:49 AM »
Chances are pwede stay bata dito, hindi ganun kasama ang HK immigration na paghiwalayin ang bata at ina.

Pero chances of DH parent and HK born child, the child won't be able to be PR in HK.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1595384/filipino-maids-son-born-and-raised-hong-kong-loses-permanent
"A teenager born and raised in Hong Kong as the son of a Filipino maid has lost his bid for permanent residency"
"Gutierrez was born to Josephine Gutierrez in Hong Kong in 1996 and has lived with his mother in the city ever since. He has visited the Philippines on three occasions for a total of 42 days."
"It is remarkable that Joseph made the application when he was 10 and he is now 17," Daly said. "He has not lived anywhere else in the world except some short … holidays. It is quite surprising that the court still finds that Hong Kong is not his permanent residence."

"Under Article 24 of the Basic Law, non-Chinese people younger than 21 who wish to gain permanent residency may do so if their parent has attained permanent resident status. But Josephine Gutierrez is not a permanent resident - domestic helpers, unlike other foreign workers, are not allowed permanent residency after seven years - and the court found that the permanence of her son's residency had not been sufficiently established."

kevbryan27

• Hanep Points 1
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 08:05:23 AM »
Chances are pwede stay bata dito, hindi ganun kasama ang HK immigration na paghiwalayin ang bata at ina.

Pero chances of DH parent and HK born child, the child won't be able to be PR in HK.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1595384/filipino-maids-son-born-and-raised-hong-kong-loses-permanent
"A teenager born and raised in Hong Kong as the son of a Filipino maid has lost his bid for permanent residency"
"Gutierrez was born to Josephine Gutierrez in Hong Kong in 1996 and has lived with his mother in the city ever since. He has visited the Philippines on three occasions for a total of 42 days."
"It is remarkable that Joseph made the application when he was 10 and he is now 17," Daly said. "He has not lived anywhere else in the world except some short … holidays. It is quite surprising that the court still finds that Hong Kong is not his permanent residence."

"Under Article 24 of the Basic Law, non-Chinese people younger than 21 who wish to gain permanent residency may do so if their parent has attained permanent resident status. But Josephine Gutierrez is not a permanent resident - domestic helpers, unlike other foreign workers, are not allowed permanent residency after seven years - and the court found that the permanence of her son's residency had not been sufficiently established."

i understand sir. so, in that case, DH ung parent. thanks for all the informations! :)

msyram

• Hanep Points 0
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 05:32:05 PM »
Real life cases:

Both of my parents are HK PR. My 2 younger sisters were born here in HK. However, my 2 sisters were both sent back to PH for studies, but they visit HK every now and then, making sure they visit once every 3 years or more frequent than that. When one of them turned 18 years old, she applied for PR and got approved.

I have an acquaintance (Pinoy) whose parents (my parent's friends) are both DH here in HK. My friend was also born here in HK. He studied here, grew up here, lived here for most, if not all, of his life. Then a few years ago, he applied for HK PR and got approved. I don't know how he did that given all the restrictions posted here. But he got approved anyway. And now, his mother turned 60 (or 65??), and they're now on the process of making her his dependant.

mackygoof

• Global Moderator
  • Hanep Points 49
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 07:11:17 AM »
luck is on his side.