collapse

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Top PHK Posters

mackygoof mackygoof
1519 Posts
tonychel tonychel
899 Posts
kiddo_1980 kiddo_1980
517 Posts
pinoyhk pinoyhk
504 Posts
leoleo leoleo
438 Posts
PMM PMM
431 Posts
nagbago_nako nagbago_nako
353 Posts
JBY_HkgPny2
318 Posts
danny crawford danny crawford
228 Posts
Rowinms Rowinms
167 Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 3
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Moving in HK from Dubai  (Read 91 times)

yanasian

• Hanep Points 0
Moving in HK from Dubai
« on: September 17, 2018, 04:19:31 PM »
Hello!

Nag-aapply palang po kame sa online ng bf ko. (Planning to get married soon). He has an interview tom and we don't know how much will be the expected salary. Currently he is earning 17,000.00HKD. Ask ko lang po anu yung enough salary para mabuhay ng maayos sa HK kasi wala talaga kame idea. If we get married & mag-dependent visa ako, how much po dapat yung salary nya?

Thanks po.. :)

mackygoof

• Global Moderator
  • Hanep Points 49
Re: Moving in HK from Dubai
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:51:06 AM »
i dont think there's official guideline to salary bracket to be able to sponsor a dependent visa.
It's just mentioned that the salary should be sufficient for living expenses to be able to sponsor.

I'd say ask for more if he could because the cost of living in HK is so expensive.

As for the salary range for comfort level, i'd say it depends on the person.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:06:01 PM by mackygoof »

yanasian

• Hanep Points 0
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 04:14:23 PM »
Actually he just finished his interview & assessment test, they said the salary will be at least more than twice of his current salary. They said 34k, maybe just to have an idea. We'll see for the final interview. But incase it really 34k? Is it enough?   

mackygoof

• Global Moderator
  • Hanep Points 49
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 07:08:54 AM »
As mentioned, the comfort salary level depends on the individual person.

If it were me, that salary is enough if i'm single. Since i'm married with kids, i would ask my wife to get a job as more than a quarter of that salary is already my unit rental.

You should be able to get a job here with dependent visa if that amount doesn't match the comfort level you looking for. two people working together is better.

To give you an example....
-My rental when i first arrive is 9k/mo for studio type unit. Now it's 13.5k/mo for 1 bedroom unit. If you're like some single people i know who like bigger space, it's around 25k/mo rental.
-cost of food is more or less  40hkd per meal.
-electricity is around 200hkd if you rarely stay at home. Now that i got kids, my electricity bill is around 1.3k
-phone bill with unlimited internet is ~300hkd/mo
- water bill is around 150hkd per quarter, mine is around hkd700 since i got family.
you do the math to verify if you still have some savings and for clubling expenses. :)

P.s. you need to prepare 2 months deposit and 1 month advance for renting unit over here. Chances are, you would go for agency also and that's half month  agency fee.

yanasian

• Hanep Points 0
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 11:13:37 AM »
I think 34k in not bad for first timer in HK.

We should married soon and hopefully can apply for dependent visa because I will work for sure, as we've always been in here.

Thanks for the breakdown, I made my own and thought we should be fine.

15k for housing & utilities
5k for food & transportation
4k for other expenses
10k for savings

We do not go to clubs anymore, we just like to stay at home at just watch movie. Cooking is his hubby. If I can work too would be an additional income. Focus nalang kame sa pag save ng money and investments. We do not mind the space for small flat but I think we still need to adjust because here in Dubai we really have huge flats.

Oh my! What a deposit! Haha glad you mentioned that. I wasn't planning on bringing much money in HK. Maybe half of our gratuity will just be for this 3mos deposit in a flat.

But thank you really. Atleast I have a crystal clear information about moving.

Cheers! :)

mackygoof

• Global Moderator
  • Hanep Points 49
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 06:47:13 AM »
Best to ask for 1 or 2 months provided accommodation or relocation package from the company. It's tricky to find a good unit here and some relocation allowance will help getting your stuff ship to HK.

Normally i recommend getting service apartment first so no contract binding and sufficient time to look for rental.
usually 1 year contract extendable to 2 years kasi mga units dito. need to pay the remaining rental amount if for some reason di mo tatapusin isang taon.

Best of luck!